Saturday, February 13, 2010

Unconditional/Selfless Questions

How many of us can say that we are truly unconditional or selfless? I have thought this over the last months and have wondered about myself, which if I would defined selfless: having no concern for self: unselfish: not selfish-Generous. Okay, two definitions here but you are getting the point by now. As for the definition of unconditional: not conditional or limited; absolute, unqualified. (unconditional surrender or unconditional love)

I am bothered, as I would say that I am selfless in doing things not having expectations or wanting for myself yet, that would be a lie, as I am truly not a selfless person. I desire to be and would like to be, but I do have hopes and desires and dreams that I believe are real and what I would like. I feel that I do selfless acts of kindness, poured out of my love and heart, yet when there is not acknowledgment then that is not a selfless motive on my part is it? I am having trouble with this one so bare with me. I must mention here that I know what it like not to have, to give up stuff, and do without or say survive...to have things taken away and deal with it. I know! So that isn't the issue here...been there done that and doing it! I am struggling this morning and maybe it is all emotions and should be ignored however just let me finish!

I desire to be unconditional yet in my flesh, I truly can't can I? Maybe that is the real issue here is there is my flesh that we are talking about and my mind wants to, my spirit wants to, but my flesh rises up and does not truly want to. Is that so? I feel as if I am struggling with this -this morning and need some wisdom here on this. So for those of you that are selfless, and unconditional let me know your wisdom, knowledge and give me the understanding that I am seeking on this.

I want to do what is right and live right and I know that I have needs, wants and desires. At 52 you realize that life is short and you can't afford to make mistakes or not live for the moments. It is what it is? Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment