Friday, October 1, 2010

THRESHOLD


I have been so angry this morning over some little things or conversations. As I feel that it puts me in a place, or reminds me of a time, that I have had great fear about ever having to endure that shame, humiliation, fear, hard work, and loneliness again. I become a lioness...fighting for the rights to her cubs or with that passion, as I state my case of memories and great hardship.

I had to think about all of this after a conversation with a dear friend. Well.. two friends actually, one on FB and the other via la phone....Then the thought came after I looked up a word that was suggested, that this is for your future not your past! It is going to be okay ...calm down! Just remember your on the cusp of this situation/circumstance, walk...!

By Lloyd J. Thomas, Ph.D.
The emotion we call "anger" is a natural response to frustration, pain, loss or neediness. It may also occur out of "old habit" or imitation of an angry parent. Anger is what we label the biochemical/physiological response we experience when our wants and needs are not met, when we are blocked from pursuing our goals, when we are hurting either physically or emotionally, or when we have experienced a loss of some kind. Anger is a natural emotion and a powerful energizer.


cusp
a : a point of transition (as from one historical period to the next) : turning point; also : edge, verge

I like the though "on the cusp of stardom".... Awe! You mean that even my fleshy nature when backed in a corner that surface could mean that I am actually on the cusp or threshold of change! REAL change? AND this could be historical? Wow!

Well thanks...for my reactions and for the word! NOW God you move and guide and lead! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment