Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:53am



When I go to see my dad and mom Sharon in East Texas, I love to visit their church. It is small in comparison to the churches we have here in the Plano area however; it is a church with a BIG HEART. The congreration is made up of those that live in the area, which most are retirees. They have a young youth pastor and the day that I was there, he was leading the beginning of the service for the graduates. He spoke to hold on to the Lord and your beliefs as you go off to college or your life’s journey. There was a great emotion of love being poured out with the passion of his message to these students getting ready to make life’s journey.
A little after this the Senior Pastor was speaking, there was an elder man to my right that had passed out and immediately the medics were called, and as we waited for their arrival… My thoughts raced to the message from the youth pastor to the students, spoken just seconds before hand, the student got a real life visual of how precious life is and quick it could have ended. I think the message was hitting home in more ways than expected. I will never forget it, as I not only heard it but actually saw how in an instant it can change….
Today as you get ready to go to church or even if you do not attend church, my question to you today is, what are you holding on to or trusting in? Have you let go of the Lord and your beliefs? Are you holding steadfast to the one that loves you unconditionally?
I look forward to going back and visiting the little church and to hear another life impact message from the Lord…Have a wonderful Sunday, and know that you are truly love! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment